Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Egg Bruschetta


It all started the morning after I threw a surprise dinner party for my husband's birthday.  It's a shame I didn't take more pictures while I was making it because it could have supplied posts for the next month or so.  I made lasagna, re-created Raymond's favorite salad from Greece, bite size eggplant parmesan with a dipping sauce, bruschetta, prosciutto wrapped asparagus, chicken fettuccine alfredo, and of course Raymond's favorite cake.  Sadly, I only remembered to take a picture of his full birthday cake with my cell phone before we cut into it.  We ate half of the cake that night!



We were meeting my parents for lunch the next day, so I just wanted something small for breakfast.  I looked at the abundant amount of homemade pesto that we still had, along with the diced tomatoes and leftover cheese.  Thus, the egg bruschetta was born.  I had this for breakfast and really enjoyed the flavors, and have since had if for dinner several nights.  It's so simple as well which is another big plus.

Ingredients:

2 tsp Pesto
1 Tomato slice, diced
1 Tbs Cheese, I used a mixture of Parmesan and Mozzarella
1 Slice bread, I used a sandwich thin and it was the perfect size
1 Egg

Directions:

Heat a flat saute pan or griddle with a spray of olive oil and turn oven to broil.

Put bread in oven to lightly toast.

Crack egg onto pan, cook about 90 sec on either side adding your favorite seasoning to the egg.

When bread is slightly toasted, remove from oven and spread pesto on bread slice.


Top your bread with the fried egg.  Add diced tomato, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.


Broil for about 3-5 min.

Enjoy!

Makes 1 serving each.

No comments:

Post a Comment