Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Top 10 of 2011

2011 has been a big year for me.  Lots of changes, lots of firsts, and a lot of memories.  I have most recently become a licensed professional engineer, I have a new niece, well technically I have 6 new nieces and 1 new nephew, I have climbed 2-14er's, gone on a biking brewery tour of Denver, added Greece and Belgium to my list of places traveled, I enjoyed a great weekend with some of my best girlfriends in New Braunsfels, I witnessed some great friends and a cousin get married, I started a food blog, but my favorite moment of 2011, hands down...


...when I married my prince charming.

Though my husband and I toasted the coming of 2012 with painkillers and NyQuil we had a great time doing so because we were together.  He had just had surgery on his shoulder 3 days before, and I had a sinus infection.  We have had a great 2011 and look forward to whatever 2012 brings.

As we were talking about this past year, I asked him for help coming up with my top recipes for the year.  When talking to a friend about posting a top recipe list, we both decided that since I didn't post as much as I had hoped to this year, I should probably just do a top 5.  The problem with that is, I don't post anything unless I really love it.  It was so hard to narrow down the posts, but here is my list of the top 5 recipes of this year:



These took a little bit of effort, but were not altogether really hard to make.  They were so fun making and they turned out incredible.  They were even just as great re-heated after being frozen.  I am so glad I decided to try my hand at making Runza's.




I was absolutely thrilled with how this risotto turned out.  It was so creamy without all the fat!  I have made this dish multiple times this year and loved it each and every time.




This was Raymond's first suggestion when I asked him for help with the top 5 list.  It is a dish I will continue to make for him over the years without changing a thing about it.  We loved it just as is.




This was a hard decision.  Depending on what day you ask me this could be my favorite of the year.  This soup turned out so good that I was even a bit surprised with myself.  Please make this if you haven't already.  It's a creamy yet healthy soup.  What more could you want?




I made this lasagna the end of 2011.  What a great end of the year recipe.  Though I may be partial to butternut squash, this was just outstanding!  I love how well the flavors all paired with each other.  If you only make one recipe from my blog, please make this one, you wont be disappointed.


Just because I have a hard time picking because I love all the recipes I post, I decided to list of the top 5 most viewed recipes this year:



This was such a different way to serve sweet potatoes that it won me over right away.  If you are a curry fan you will love this.  I've served this twice this year and learned that people either love it or hate it, mostly based on the curry.




This was another one of Raymond's picks for the years favorite, so I'm glad I got to include it with this list.  Defiantly a dish worthy of company.




We have a double batch of this in our freezer right now.  It is so easy to put together and freezes well.  The last time we had pizza I made a double batch and froze them in individual Ziploc bags with enough sauce per bag to sauce a pizza.  It makes the next pizza night that much easier.




This recipe is definitely worth a re-peat in the lists.  It is fantastic.  We both loved the smoky flavor of this creamy soup.




It is easy to see why this recipe was the most popular of the year.  I have been making this recipe for years.  It is incredibly easy and oh so good.  A hearty soup with big flavor makes it perfect for the cold winter nights.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!  I hope you are all in for a great 2012 and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment